Barn Fire
Fire investigators from the Washington Township / Avon Fire Department were called to assist the Fire Department of Liberty Township with a double barn fire on December 7, 2006.  Two large barns, a 27 foot boat, car and tractor were completely destroyed in the fire that caused an estimated $200,000 in damage. 
 
Investigators spent more than four hours processing the scene and talking to witnesses.  During the scene examination, they determined that a heat lamp used to keep cats in the barn warm was the cause of the blaze.
 
As winter approaches, be mindful of heat lamps, space heaters and open flame devices.  Maintain at least a three foot clearance around these devices and never leave them unattended.