At the Center of 1,200,000+ Skilled Workers
Avon offers employers a 19-county labor shed that’s home to more than 1.2 million hard-working and highly skilled individuals. Companies can choose from a wide variety of options, including dedicated business parks of up to 400 acres, as well as a number of office and retail sites, all with easy access to a network of Interstate and Interstate-grade highways that put major markets such as Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Nashville, and Atlanta within an easy day’s drive. The area’s assets are well-suited for many business sectors, including logistics and distribution, precision manufacturing, value-added manufacturing, life sciences, and office and professional services.
For existing employers, our team is available to assist in workforce training programs, expansion assistance, sites and buildings assistance, and incentives, to name just a few.
Largest Employers in Central Indiana (Marion County area)
- IU Health (30,000 employees across the State of Indiana)
- Community Health Network (14,000 employees)
- Franciscan Health (18,000 employees across Indiana and parts of Illinois)
- Eli Lilly & Co. (6,000 employees in Indianapolis area)
- Roche Diagnostics Corp. (4,400 employees in Indianapolis)
- Rolls-Royce Corp.-U.S. Headquarters (4,000 employees)
- Anthem, Inc. (2,400 employees in Indianapolis; 64,000 employees nationally)
Major B-2-B Tech Companies in Central Indiana (Marion County Area)
Indianapolis-Based Tech Startups
- OneCause (formerly BidPal)
National Tech Companies located in Indianapolis
- Pinnacle Solutions